Vega has the pleasure to announce a new complementary product for an easy, safe and versatile CONNECTION OF all types of Vega SWITCHES, as well as for most of other switches.
The SIM08 connection box will be helpful to all mold makers who want to provide full services to their molders as well as to all those who actually have handmade solutions for the connection of cylinder switches.
RESUME OF MAIN ADVANTAGES & FEATURES:
- Security. Front and rear signals are usually joined in two series: this solution doesn’t provide any protection to an eventual double signal or connection error and make it difficult the identification of a broken switch. The SIM08 box is equipped with an alarm to any double signal and a led light for each switch permits a fast detection of a non-working switch even if the signal is in series.
- Versatility. The box can be fixed directly on the mold. From the box to the press machine there’s a unique connector (IP67 water resistance) with a 5 mt. cable. On the other side of the cable the end user can connect any type of connector – as per his Company standards – with min. 6 pins.
- Simplicity. The box installation, the connectors wiring, the box configuration are easy and fast. The result is extremely clean and functional for a better service from mold maker to mold user. The wide use of connectors provide a good solution for fast maintenance and mold change.
- Functionality. Most switch types can be connected (on the signal exit you always have a clean contact): inductive PNP or NPN, magnetic Reed, PNP o NPN, and mechanical micro switch. The switch power can be provided by the box through the switch connector.
- Economy. The cost of the box (especially when more switches will be connected) is easily covered under the terms of time reduced, security, versatility and simplicity.
The SIM08 box can have different configurations depending on number and type of switches connected: it can connect from 1 to 4 cylinders that means from 2 to 8 switches. For special needs, two or more boxes can be joined together (24v D.C. is required). The switch connectors are M12 standard with 5 pins.
Watch the video showing SIM08 in Action!
Troubles connecting your Vega Switches, read this.